Learn how to create exceptional value in all you do.
Do you find it difficult to make a sale in your business? For some, this can be a real struggle; both to make a sale, and to get past that icky feeling of being “salesy”, which most of us don't like. In today's post, I'd like to how to create exceptional value.
You can't actually “make a sale” because you can't make anybody so something they don't want to do.
What we can do, is provide an opportunity that allows a sale to happen.
People are drawn to you, not by what you say or do, but how you make them feel.
And people enjoy doing business with those they know, like, and trust. So, how do we get there?
In business, any business, your worth is determined by how much more you give in value than you take in payment.
For this reason, it is important that you are providing value to your audience.
When you think of your job description, think of it not as someone who is in sales, but someone who creates value.
Value is what another considers to desirable, or have worth. More value is assigned to something that's qualities give it worth, or importance, especially as compared to its cost.
Let's look at how to create exceptional value.
Excellence – do what you do well to create value. Don't create just enough value to get paid, see how much more value you can create than what you are paid for . That is what creates excellence.
Simple examples when greeting someone might be;
- smile and make eye contact
- pronounce their name correctly
- dress well
- offer assistance if needed
For a dog groomer:
- be sure to use the dog's name when talking with the owner
- offer suggestions if the owner seems overwhelmed
- be sure to listen to the owner's request for their dog's cut
- add a pretty bow when done and let the owner know how good the dog was
In a restaurant:
- Listen carefully to people's food orders
- Be sure their order is cooked to their specifications
- Check in to see if they are satisfied with their food
- engage, make eye contact, and smile
For a blogger:
- Know what your audience is searching for
- Be sure your post title describes the article
- Give them the answer they are searching for
- Ask them to engage with their comments
These are all things that people enjoy, but rarely get. So when they get it from you, you will stand out. This is how you create exceptional value.
When you create habits of value, you will crate a habit of excellence.
What is the cost for creating excellence? Nothing. When people can count on you for excellence, you become their stability in a world of change and uncertainty. You become their “go-to” person.
Excellence + Consistency = Exceptional Value
What do you do in your business to create exceptional value? Please share your thoughts and ideas in the comments below.
Keep giving value,
P.S. If you are an internet marketer, and interested in the future of internet marketing,
you will find this free training helpful.
P.S.S. Want to know how I have valuable trainings to give away to offer value? Click here now!